1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (4 ripe bananas)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into small pieces
1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
Pinch of salt
1 vanilla bean, scraped
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 cup milk
Makes 12 cupcakes.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Make a small well in the center of the flour mixture. In the well, mix together the mashed bananas, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate the entire mixture; do not over mix. Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean, for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
4. For the frosting, in a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar, beating to combine.
5. Add the vanilla bean seeds and vanilla extract and beat to combine. Slowly add milk and continue beating on medium-low speed until smooth and creamy, about five minutes.
6. Frost the cupcakes using a piping bag and garnish with a fresh banana slice.
Moist, tender, and topped with airy vanilla bean frosting, bananas have never tasted so good. This heavenly cupcake recipe serves as a definite crowd-pleaser. The batter provides a flavorful base for all things banana, from breads to muffins. Enjoy whichever rendition you choose!